Arts & Crafts
Paper Chain Dragon
Submitted by: masamom
Celebrate Chinese New Year with an easy craft.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Construction paper (Assorted colors)
- Glue stick
- Green construction paper
- Red construction paper
- White construction paper
- Cut rectangular strips from assorted color construction paper.
- Create first chain loop by twisting strip to form a circle. Glue ends together to secure.
- Form remaining chain loops by placing a paper strip inside already formed loop and securing new loop with glue.
- Repeat Step 2 until chain reaches desired length. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a semi-circle from green construction paper.
- Cut a slithery tongue shape from the red construction paper.
- Glue the red tongue onto the bottom of the green semi-circle so that it sticks out over the edge of the green face.
- Cut two circular eyes from the white construction paper. Draw black circles in the center to complete the eyes.
- Glue eyes on the top side of the green semi-circle.
- Glue completed head onto the first chain in the loop.
- Decorate further as desired.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp