Arts & Crafts
Stained Glass Kite
Submitted by: masamom
Welcome spring with a colorful kite.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Clear contact paper
- Construction paper (Assorted colors)
- Draw and cut a diamond shape from the clear contact paper.
- Remove paper backing from diamond shape. Use tape to secure diamond to flat surface with the sticky side facing up.
- Tear small pieces of construction paper. Place torn pieces of paper onto sticky diamond until the majority of the diamond is covered.
- Place a large piece of construction paper on top of diamond and press down.
- Trim the edges of the construction paper away from the diamond shape.
- Cut a long piece of ribbon. Attach ribbon to the back of the kite.
- Draw and cut small bow shapes from construction paper.
- Tape bows onto kite ribbon.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Hand strength
- Fine motor skills » Grasp