Body Action Counting
Submitted by: Susanna
Practice motor skills and counting at the same time.
18 - 54 months
0 - 8 tots
- Ask your child to clap their hands three times.
- Count with them. Celebrate when they complete the task.
- Continue with other numbers and options like: Patting head Blinking Opening and closing mouth Making kissing noises Making tick-tock sounds Shrugging shoulders Flapping arms like a chicken (hands tucked under armpits) Flapping arms like a bird (arms straight out) Blinking fingers (open / shut) Rubbing tummy Swatting down / standing up Jumping Marching in place Turning around
- Be silly and have fun!
Inspired by Creative Connections for Kids
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Gross motor skills » Jumping
- Gross motor skills » Standing
- Gross motor skills » Rhythm