Submitted by: masamom
Explore the chemical reaction between a raw egg and vinegar.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 2 Clear plastic cup or bowl with a lid
- 1 Raw egg
- Butter knife (Adult Use)
- Place a raw egg in the clear plastic cup or bowl. Be careful not to break the egg.
- Cover the egg completely with vinegar. Screw lid on tightly.
- Observe the egg in the vinegar occasionally over the next 48 hours.
- Discuss the changes you notice from the beginning to the end.
- Touch the egg to feel the difference in the texture before and after the vinegar.
- Once you have observed and felt the egg, place the egg in a bowl.ADULT: Cut into egg with a butter knife to see it explode and ooze everywhere.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Sensory processing » Sight
- Sensory processing » Touch » Textures