Magic Swirling Milk Rainbow
Submitted by: masamom
Create a swirling rainbow with this fun science experiment.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Shallow round pan (Pie pan works well.)
- Food coloring
- Dish soap
- Popsicle sticks
- Cover the bottom of your pan with a thin layer of milk.
- Add about 5 drops of each color of the rainbow around the edge of the dish. You do not want the colors to run together. Leave space between each color.
- Put a drop of dish soap on each side of one end of the popsicle stick.
- Dip the popsicle stick into the middle of the pan. As soon as you put the stick in, the colors will all move to the outside of the pan and begin swirling in toward the center of the dish. This will create your rainbow.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Sensory processing » Sight