Arts & Crafts
Sandpaper Transfer Shirt
Submitted by: masamom
Create a unique shirt with this unique transfer method.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Iron (Adult Use Only)
- Thin towel
- Draw a picture on the sandpaper with the crayons. Color very heavily to make the picture very dark.
- Place the sandpaper upside down on the shirt in the spot you want the picture.
- Put the thin cloth over the sandpaper.
- ADULT: Warm iron on the highest setting. Iron over the towel and sandpaper for several minutes. Peel up towel and sandpaper to see if image has transferred.
- Place shirt in dryer on low setting for 15 minutes to set the design.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Fine motor skills