Fizzy Flour Paint
Submitted by: masamom
Create a colorful work of art with this science experiment.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Baking soda
- Food coloring
- Spray bottle
- Paint brushes
- Cardstock (or other thick paper)
- Muffin tin
- Large bowl
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup baking soda in large bowl.
- Gradually add about 1/4 cup water to flour and baking soda mixture. Stir with whisk. Stop adding water when paint reaches desired texture.
- Divide mixture evenly into cups of muffin tin.
- Add desired food coloring to each cup and mix.
- Paint desired picture on cardstock.
- Fill spray bottle with vinegar.
- Lightly spray picture with vinegar. Watch your painting come to life.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination