Submitted by: masamom
Create your own ball with this cool experiment.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1/2 cup Warm water
- 1 TBSP Borax
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 TBSPS White liquid glue
- Food coloring
- Rubber gloves
- 2 Plastic drinking cups
- Fork or spoon
- Wax paper
- Mix warm water and Borax in one cup.
- In other cup, mix glue, cornstarch, and food coloring. Stir well.
- Pour glue mixture into cup with water and Borax.
- Glue mixture will harden in about 1 minute. Use a fork or spoon to remove glue substance from water. If still sticky, squish with hands and submerge in water for another minute.
- Roll mixture in hands to form a ball shape. The more you roll, the firmer the ball will get. Wear rubber gloves to keep hands clean if desired.
- Allow to dry at least 2 hours.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Sensory processing » Touch