Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
Submitted by: masamom
Combine fun and science with this crafty experiment.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 3/4 cup Plaster of Paris
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 TBSPS Washable paint
- Mixing bowl
- Zip top bag
- Wax paper
- Empty wrapping paper roll (Could also use paper towel roll or toilet paper roll.)
- Paper towels
- Masking tape
- Cut a 4 inch piece of wrapping paper roll. Line it with a piece of wax paper. Use masking tape to close one end of the roll.
- In mixing bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons of paint with 1/2 cup water. Mix with spoon.
- Add 3/4 cup Plaster of Paris to paint and water mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into sandwich bag. Tightly close bag. Snip one corner of bag off.
- Squeeze mixture from cut corner of bag into wrapping paper roll lined with wax paper.
- Set aside to dry at room temperature for at least 24 hours. Allow to dry on paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Once dry, peel the roll and wax paper away from your new sidewalk chalk.