Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: Nancy M.
Use veggie juice to color this playdough!
18 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Cream of tartar
- Juice (Beet, Carrot, Spinach)
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and slowly add the water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff.
- Turn out onto wax paper and let cool.
- Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency.
- Use as is, or divide into balls and add a few drops of the vegetable juices to make green, pink, and orange.
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness