Submitted by: CREAA Academy
Polar animals live in Arctic or Antarctic regions.These regions have harsh weather and are extremely cold and windy. This activity will help your child to remember those animals from the polar regions.
- Styrofoam sheet
- Tissues (White)
- Construction paper (Green)
- Plastic or rubber polar animals
- Help your child glue the white tissues on the Styrofoam sheet, creating mountain like heaps.
- Create a small tree out of construction paper and stick some cotton on it to create a snowy appearance.
- Place the plastic animals on the landscape and label them.
- Discuss the animals and landscape with your child, encouraging them to ask questions and research the answers.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Language & communication » Language development