Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This activity helps the children to remember and learn about the animals that live in hot climate conditions like desert.
48 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Bucket of Sand
- Stencils (Desert Animals)
- 1 box Markers
- 1 box Crayons
- Plants and animals living in the desert need special adaptations to survive in the harsh environment. Animals need to keep cool and find enough food and water to survive.
- Provide each child with one stencil of a desert animal and, under guidance, ask them to cut along the border of each stencil. Let them color those animals and plants.
- Write labels for each animal and ask the kids to place them on the sand.
- Encourage discussion
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Thumb opposition