Fresh Water Habitat
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This activity will help your child to classify which animals and insects live in a fresh water habitat.
42 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Styrofoam Sheet
- 1 set Watercolor paint
- Stencils of water animals
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 Glue stick
- Plastic Water Animals
- 1 box Crayons
- The sources of fresh water are lakes, ponds, rivers, streams and cave water. Lakes and Ponds: insects, fish, frogs Rivers and Streams: crabs, trout Cave waters: fish, cray fish
- Use the water colors to paint the styrofoam sheet blue. Let dry.
- Trace fresh water animal stencils on paper.
- Cut and color the fresh water animals.
- Glue the colored animals on the toothpick and poke them into styrofoam sheet.
- Fresh water habitat is now ready for discussion.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Hand strength
- Fine motor skills » Thumb opposition