Life Cycle of a Hen
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This is a simple activity that engages learning for tiny tots.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 packet Plaster of Paris (or two cups)
- 1 set water colors
- 3 Labels
- Markers (or Pencil)
- The life cycle of a hen is simple. The adult hen lays an egg. In 3 weeks, the egg hatches to a chick. 3 months later, the chick becomes an adult or hen.
- Mix Plaster of Paris with water to make a paste which can be molded to any shape.
- Make shape of hen and ask kids to make shape of egg since its easier for them.
- You can also use a mold to make a hen and a chick.
- Ask kids to pain the hen, chick and egg.
- Place them in order and label them.
- Encourage discussion.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Hand strength
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness
- Sensory processing » Touch