Submitted by: CREAA Academy
An Evergreen Forest is a forest consisting mainly of evergreen trees that retain green foliage all year round. This activity will help your child to understand important information about the evergreen forests such as its plants, animals and climate etc.
- 2 pieces Construction paper (Green and Brown)
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 Label
- Plastic Animals
- 1 Styrofoam Sheet
- 1 set Watercolor paint
- Popsicle sticks
- Stencils (Trees and Plants)
- Paint the styrofoam sheet with green water color paint. Let dry.
- Use stencils to draw trees and plants on the construction paper.
- Cut out the trees and plants. Then glue each tree to one popsicle stick as shown in the photo.
- Glue the trees as shown in the photo on the styrofoam sheet
- Place animals randomly in the habitat
- Label the display as "Evergreen Forest".
- Encourage discussion on what evergreen forest is all about.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Thumb opposition