Life Cycle of a Frog
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This activity will help your child to understand the life cycle of a frog.
0 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 1 Packet Clay or dough (yellow and green if available)
- 1 set Watercolor paint
- 3 Labels
- Rubber frog
- Frog eggs are laid in water. Tadpoles swim in water and breathe using gills. Tadpoles have tails. After 2-4 months, the tadpoles become adult frogs. They grow legs and their tail is reabsorbed in the body.
- Use yellow clay to make small balls or white clay and paint them yellow.
- Make tadpole and froglet using the green and yellow clay or use dough to make them and paint them using water colors.
- Arrange in the circular form as shown in picture and label each step in the cycle.
- Encourage discussion
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness