Experimenting with Molluscs
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This activity will help your child to understand what Molluscs are, as well as their characteristics in the animal kingdom.
42 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Styrofoam sheet
- 7 labels
- 1 set Watercolor paint
- 1 Paint brushes
- 1 cup Water
- Construction paper (Green and red color)
- Clay (Play dough)
- Paint a rectangular sheet of Styrofoam with black watercolors.
- Use clay to make shapes of different Molluscs like snails, octopus, slug, squid, clam etc.
- Cut trees out of construction paper as shown in the photograph.
- Place all the clay animals on the Styrofoam sheet and label them.
- Encourage discussion.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Thumb opposition