Arts & Crafts
My Tree of Birds
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
This activity helps the kids to understand the importance of birds and nature. This helps them to be environment friendly, save birds and also share their thoughts with their peers and elders.
- 2 Styrofoam sheets
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 set Watercolor paint
- 1 Paint brushes
- Pictures of birds
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 Glue stick
- Twigs (one for each bird)
- Tooth picks (one for each bird)
- Labels (one for each bird)
- Cut the Styrofoam sheet in the form of tree.
- Use toothpicks to scratch the styrofoam and create line patterns to look like bark on the trunk of the tree.
- Paint the tree with green paint on the top (leaves) and brown on the bottom (trunk).
- Glue one picture of a bird to each twig.
- Glue the twigs with the pictures onto the "leaves" of the tree.
- Label the birds.
- Encourage discussion.